Journey north from Doha on a privately guided 6-hour tour and discover Qatar’s historical highlights. Head for Al Khor, an important former pearl diving and fishing center, gaze at the lush, mangrove island at Al Thakira and admire the historical Al Jassaiya mosque, which is Qatar’s oldest. Drive to Al Ruis the country’s northernmost tip and learn about life and culture in Qatar before the oil boom as you absorb the sea view. Lastly, stop at Al Zubarah fortress, a sand-colored, four-towered fort standing lonely guard in the desert.
- Your guide will collect you any location in Doha.
- First stop is Al Khor’s harbor which is filled with fishing boats and small crafts.
- Travel to Al Thakira Mangroves a large greenery surrounding desert landscape and is notable for migrating bird life, like flamingos and herons.
- Al Jassaiya Mosque. The oldest Mosque in Qatar
- Visit Al Zubarah where Zubarah Fort is located, a historic Qatari military fortress.
- Lunch at any local restaurant.
- Your guide will drop you at any location in Doha.
Refreshments & Lunch at local restaurant.
With every package, it's important to keep in mind what you can and can not do in order for you to make most of the trip.Below you will find a list of things that we advice you follow.
- Use greetings and formalities as they are particularly important when dealing with the Locals.
- Dress modestly, Qatar is a Muslim country with conservative dress codes.
- Use a high-factor sunblock on all exposed skin year-round.
- Look or stare at people closely no matter how fascinating their dress is.
- Ask an Arab lady for information or directions if you are a man. Take a photograph without permission of people, particularly locals and police/armies.
- Drink too much alcohol.
- Al Khor Harbor
- Al Thakira Mangroves
- Al Jassaiya Mosque
- Zubarah Fort